Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Anniversary


I've been too busy with my first semester of graduate school to post anything here, but I wanted to take a moment to recognize the one year anniversary of my cancer diagnosis.  You can see from the picture that my hair is coming in nicely, though I have some thin spots on the sides of my head where the proton beam entered.  It was a rough first semester, dealing with the fatigue that commonly follows radiation treatment, but I made it through.  My last grade arrived this morning, showing that I just squeaked by the acceptable GPA.  I'm optimistic that I'll be back to my old self within a few months.  Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me through this, but most of all, my parents.  They have provided undying love and support during this difficult time, and it brings a tear to my eye every time I consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment