Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Introduction

Since I was very young, I've known I wanted to be a scientist, but it wasn't until high school that I figured out exactly what field was for me.  I took my first physics class in 11th grade, and I was deeply impressed by how it explained everyday events with simple equations.  I began to see everything in terms of physical laws, and that's what this blog is all about: Looking at how physics applies to things I see in my own life.

Of course, one of the other characteristics of physics is making simplifying approximations, so sometimes I may reduce a complex situation to a more manageable one.  If you object to a simplification, or think I've made a mistake, or just have a question about my methods, please let me know in the comments.  Like any good scientist, I welcome peer review.

I don't have a rigid posting schedule in mind; I'll really just be adding things as I think of them.  At the beginning, I'll probably be posting unusually frequently, since I have a backlog of ideas, but then things will probably slow down a bit.

1 comment:

  1. DWfromTimeandRelativeDimensionsInSpace(TARDIS)April 20, 2011 at 8:16 PM

    Honorable sum of the Earth- apparent distances of Betelgeuse and Bellatrix, the O'belt trio Mintaka, al' Nilam, and al' Nitak, M42,'jewel in the sword', to Rigel and Saiph, we salute you!! Please...., BLOG ON! What list of ideas comprise your backlog?Do you have a schedule to follow, or just seeing how the day strikes you as to topic choices ? Good Luck and Best Wishes to this new pursuit.

    ReplyDelete